1. Charminar is a famous monument located in the city of Hyderabad, India.
2. It was built in 1591 by the fifth ruler of the Qutb Shahi dynasty, Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah.
3. The name “Charminar” means “four minarets” in Hindi, referring to the four towers that adorn the structure.
4. The Charminar stands at a height of 48.7 meters and is made of granite and lime mortar.
5. The monument is an architectural masterpiece and is considered an important symbol of Hyderabad’s rich history and culture.
6. The Charminar has four grand arches that face the cardinal directions and open into four streets.
7. The structure also features a mosque on the upper floor, which is still used for prayer today.
8. The Charminar is surrounded by a market known as the “Laad Bazaar” where traditional bangles and pearls are sold.
9. The Charminar is a popular tourist attraction, attracting visitors from all over the world.
10. The Charminar is also considered as an important landmark of Hyderabad and the state of Telangana.