ALL WORK MUST BE ORIGINAL, CITED, APA FORMAT & WILL BE SUBMITTED TO TURN-IT-IN. ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED. TOTAL PAPER MUST 2000 WORDS MINIMUM, NOT INCLUDING THE TITLE PAGE. DUE DATE IS SATURDAY 12/19/20 @ 12 NOON EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
Answer the following essay questions using 500-600 words for each (2000 minimum)
- 1. Discuss the role of the police in combating organized crime. Explain what methods they use and how they arrest and bring in convictions for these criminals. Also include your opinion on whether these methods are useful in controlling organized crime, what you think should be done differently, and why.
2. Explain in what ways organized crime investigations can encroach on the personal freedoms of U.S. citizens and outline the specific freedoms in jeopardy. If you were in charge of conducting such investigations, what would you do differently, and why?
3. Of all the legal initiatives discussed in this module, which do you believe are the most useful in combating organized crime, and why? Or do you believe there is no way to successfully combat it? Explain your reasoning.
4. Explain the ways in which undercover investigations and the use of informants pose special problems in controlling organized crime. What other methods would you suggest if you were a federal employee tasked with controlling organized crime?
- Length: 500 words per essay prompt (2000 total for this assignment)
- Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimal word amount for this assignment.
- References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly citations to support your claims.
- Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).