You will need to write a comprehensive APA Analysis paper (minimum of 1600-2000 words) utilizing all the knowledge you have gained in CCJ3500. Please make sure to implement topics from unit 5, the reading section, and the attend section into your final paper for the entire course. If you need support on how to formulate your APA Analysis paper, you may refer to your APA Template under the Resource tab or contact the CPS Librarians. Please refer to your grading rubric for guidance. Remember to use a minimum of three scholarly reference sources. Upon completion you will click on the Dropbox tab to submit your paper for grading.
Topics from Unit 5 that need to be included are:
- Research left-wing domestic extremist groups. What is their core philosophy? What are the pros and cons of this philosophy?
- Research Muslim extremist terrorism. What are the main tenants of their aims? What should the United States do to prepare for attacks?
- Research Sovereign Citizens, explain the significance of homemade license plates, bumper sticker that says “Posse Comitatus”, a license plate that reads “E.A.P. III” from the Republic of Pennsylvania and Sovereign Christian Citizen on the borders.
Now that students have learned the basic statistical terms used in criminal justice research, students are expected to select another article from a research journal in criminal justice or criminology. Read the article and discuss the study and findings of the research. Explain your level of understanding now, versus when you read the first article in Unit One, describing your ability to comprehend the data.
Respond to this question with a minimum of 250 words and two scholarly sources from the Library
Project Part 2: Network Design (DUE WEEK THREE)–50 points
As discussed so far in this course, the configuration of a network affects the options available for security and network defense. Using the network survey produced during the first part of this project, together with host vulnerability assessments and access requirements, you need to design an updated network structure.
You have been working as a technology associate the information systems department at Corporation Techs for a while now. You have discovered so far that all of Corporation Techs’ computer systems share the same Class C public IP address range, including workstations along with servers providing authentication, e-mail, and both secure and public Web sites.
Your next task in this project is to construct a basic network design. An important requirement for the network design is to reduce the number of public addresses needed as the subnet lease results in very high ISP costs.
Construct a basic network design, separating private and public services within the Corporation Techs’ network. To do so, you must:
1. Access the PCAP files using NetWitness Investigator, and browse the Nmap scan (XML format), topology fisheye chart (PDF format), and Nessus report (HTML format).
2. Identify vulnerabilities and clear-text information transfer.
3. Conduct research and determine the best network design to ensure security of internal access while retaining public Web site availability.
4. Identify any opportunities for reduced ISP costs through port redirection or address translation.
5. Design a network configuration, identifying network gateways, port or address redirection systems, and the location of hosts within private and protected network segments.
6. Create a professional report detailing the information above as supportive documentation for the network security plan.
7. Create a report that includes a basic network diagram and research results.
Library Research Assignment
Labeling theorists are adamant about the labels that offenders are given throughout the criminal justice system. Labels, such as ex-felon, are deepening the very behavior that they are meant to halt because of stereotypes that incite an individual trying to recover after a prison term. The labeling theory argues that the criminal justice system is limited in its capacity to restrain unlawful conduct but also is a major factor in anchoring people into criminal careers.
The cultural deviance theory explains that the causes of criminal behavior in urban areas are not about the poverty suffered in those areas but the product of a distinct lower-class culture whose focal concern is deviance against the norms of society.
The theory has identified three influential versions, as follows:
· The lower-class culture as a whole is responsible for generating crime in urban areas
· Urban lower-class areas produce subcultures that are responsible for the rise of crime
· Subcultures of crimes in urban areas where individuals band together in creating crimes for their own personal gain and satisfaction
Write a 3–5-page paper answering the following questions:
· What would be another theory and strategy to avoid stereotyping individuals in the criminal justice system?
· Is labeling theory a legitimate crime causation theory? Why?
· In your opinion, where do gangs fit within the 3 influential versions of cultural deviance theory? Why?
· Decide whether labeling theory or cultural deviance theory best explains the following problem, and why:
· The number of youths joining gangs in the inner city has doubled, while the number of gang leaders serving time in prison and being released after good conduct has increased. The crime rate for gang violence has risen 20% from last year.
In this unit, you are studying the judicial branch of government and the rules that apply to all cases that are filed with a court, such as jurisdiction and the justiciability doctrine. With these rules in mind, analyze the following fact patterns.
· Billy, a resident of Dallas, Texas, was having trouble paying his bills. Billy, along with his best friend Edward, decided that they would rob a bank in neighboring Wichita Falls to raise some funds. During the robbery, things went horribly wrong, and Billy and Edward ended up taking a hostage and driving to nearby Randlett, Oklahoma, where they took refuge in Edward’s grandmother’s home. Both Billy and Edward eventually were apprehended in Randlett, and the hostage was released. Which court would possess jurisdiction over this case—state or federal? Explain your answer.
· Newlyweds Malia and Kevin were honeymooning in Hawaii. They were on their way to a Hawaiian luau when they were rear-ended by a local resident who lived in Honolulu. Malia and Kevin were both hospitalized and required extensive surgery for back and neck injuries. Malia and Kevin wish to sue the local resident. Which court would possess jurisdiction over their cases—state or federal? Explain your answer.
· Jane recently discovered that she is pregnant. When she shared the happy news with her coworkers at a local law firm, everyone was overjoyed—especially her good friend, Chiquita. Unfortunately, the very next week, Jane was fired from her position, despite receiving stellar annual reviews. Her supervisor said that they were downsizing because they had lost a big case. Jane believes that she was fired because she is pregnant. Jane does not want to call any attention to her firing, so she has decided not to do anything about the firing; however, Jane’s friend Chiquita, who is a paralegal, is furious with the attorney. She has decided to file the case on behalf of her friend, Jane. In what court would this case be filed—state or federal? Would Chiquita face any problems with filing the lawsuit? If so, what? Explain your answer.
In a 2–3-page paper, answer the questions associated with each fact pattern, and also complete the following:
· Identify the federal district in which you reside and the specific district, such as the Northern District of Alabama, the Middle District of Alabama, or the Southern District of Alabama.
· Identify the branch of government that created these lower courts.
· Review the Web site for your local state circuit court and your local federal. district court, and provide the citation to each.
Assignment 1: United States vs. Weaver
Read United States vs Weaver pg 244-251
Discuss the Constitutional arguments which arise in this case.
How was race, ethnicity, gender and other factors considered in this case?
When should an individual consider themselves in custody?
3 pages minimum in length
size 12 Times New Roman and double spaced
Assignment 1: United States vs Salerno (pg.972)
1) What are the provisions of the Bail Reform Act of 1984?
2) Do you agree with the decision?
3) Does the age / medical condition of individual make a different?
4) IRAC the case
3 pages minimum in length
* Paper must be size 12 Times new roman and double spaced
My last name is Gutierrez
-Students whose last name begins with:
A-F: Law Enforcement Agency
G-L: Court (i.e., Bailiff or Jury Coordinator)
M-R: Prosecutor’s Office
S-Z: Corrections (i.e., Jail, Probation, or Parole)
Initial Post: In your post, assume your assigned role, and address the following key points in an explanation to students:
Define sociocultural intelligence.
Explain why it is important for them as new supervisors.
Identify possible implications for not developing or demonstrating sociocultural intelligence in their new role.
Your post should demonstrate what you have learned about implicit and explicit bias, the impact on internal and external stakeholder trust, organizational legitimacy, and procedural justice.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length.
1. Rank the three sources of law, from highest to lowest, and explain why you ranked them in this way.
2. Why is it important to understand the sources of law in the study of criminal law?
3. What is the purpose of statutory law and the purpose of case law?
4. Explain why the author of the ebook states that case law is a “powerful source of law”. In what way is it powerful? Please give a specific example of the use of case law in the criminal law arena.
500 total words
1. Compare the M’Naghten, irresistible impulse, and substantial capacity tests.
2. What is the difference between diminished capacity, and the insanity defense?
3. What was the defendant seeking to do the State v. Hornsby, 484 S.E.2d 869 (1997)? Was he successful?
500 total words