You are an intern working with a state crime scene investigation team that has statewide jurisdiction and gets called in by county and municipal authorities for crime scene analysis and laboratory support. A number of larger cities in the state have their own crime scene units. Because crime scene investigators (CSIs) get called into court to testify as expert witnesses, your unit has a lot of opportunities to testify in court. The state you live and work in has assumed the Federal Rules of Evidence Rule 702 as their own for expert witness testimony. They also have the Frye Standard (something that is common in many states). You will be presenting a paper to the State Division of the International Association for Identification Conference in the Capital next week. You will be presenting a paper on the topic of the admissibility of expert witness testimony in court.
There are a number of evidence-related resources that are not found in academic journals that may be utilized as references in this assignment. It is critical that when you make a statement of fact in your presentation that you cite the reference you obtained the information from in the text of the paper and that the reference is included in your reference page. Your paper must be submitted in the APA, 6th edition format. No abstract is required because this is a short position paper, but a title page, reference page, and appropriate running header with page numbers are all necessary.
Address the following in 4–6 pages:
- What is the definition of an expert witness? Explain in your own words.
- Who can be an expert witness? Explain.
- What restrictions are placed on expert witnesses?
- How are lay witnesses and expert witnesses different? Explain in detail.
- Explain the Daubert Rule in contrast to the Frye Standard, and disclose which one of the two would allow for the identification of more expert witnesses if they were used exclusively.
- From the first e-Activity, analyze the Affordable Health Care Act, and determine the fundamental influence that such reform has exerted on the social, political, and economic environment of the country. Provide at least two (2) examples to support your rationale.
- Differentiate between two to three (2-3) key components of a free market healthcare system and single payer government system. Of the two systems, suggest the one that you believe would be better for the United States. Specify two (2) examples that support your rationale.
- Analyze the branches of government of your state with respect to the extent that each branch is associated with health care. Determine whether your state government will participate in either the federal health exchange or create a state health exchange. Classify which aspects of your state’s choice are political and which aspects are economic. Provide at least two (2) specific examples to support your position.
- Give an example of at least two (2) innovations started by the VA that are found in any of your local hospitals. Examine the salient effects that these innovations have on public health in your community. Support your response with examples of such effects.
100% Original Work
Graduate Level Writing Required.
DUE: Friday, January 16, 2021 by 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
Prepare a 1,600- to 1,750-word paper on your perception and concept of forensic science in 21st-century criminal justice.
Include a discussion of the following questions:
- How important is forensic science to policing and criminal investigations, court processes, and security efforts at various levels?
- Explain your rationale in a historical approach.
- How accurate is the popular media representation of forensic science?
- How does this influence popular opinion on justice-related issues?
- What possible influence does the “CSI” effect have on the judicial process?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
PLEASE NOTE: There needs to be at least three different peer reviewed literature references
Wikipedia, dictionaries, and encyclopedias are not peer reviewed literature references.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Must Be Graduate Level Writing
Conversation Group: Security
-Security, as it relates to social media, video surveillanc, drones, digital footprint or other topics as they relate to digital privacy.
-How does the electronic environment impact one’s personal security?
Session 1 Discussion – Definition of Justice
What is your definition of the term justice? Is justice necessary for proper administration of public agencies? Please explain and support your answer.
Session 1 Friedman Discussion
What are the positive aspects of having a government with three equal branches? (Executive, Legislative, Judicial)
Please post a link to the article you have selected for your Current Events item and give a brief discussion about how you think the article fits into the concept of Administrative Law. Remember, we are dealing with a broad subject that incorporates more than mere criminal law. If you need a tip, check the business section of the paper (regulatory filings against a company) and the front page (proposed laws going into effect, or a new development project which requires some administrative action). Sometimes even sports factors into the legal process.
It can be current event pertain the the administrative law of the U.S.
- Analyze the Federal court decisions in regards to the Affordable Health Care Act. Debate the extent to which the Supreme Court’s decisions have affected healthcare policy in your community. Provide two (2) specific examples to support your rationale.
- Analyze the concepts of stare decisis and their effect on health care related judicial decisions. Interpret this legal term in relationship to two (2) health care related cases. Support your response with specific examples.
- Interpret the role that common law has played in health care in the United States. Assess the level at which common law has impacted overall decisions related to healthcare policy. Provide two (2) specific examples to support your rationale.
- Differentiate between checks and balances in the separation of power. Specify two (2) examples related to health care from your state government.
It is important to understand how contingency reserves can impact risk evaluation and cost estimation.
If you were the project manager it is critical to understand how contingency reserves impact all areas of cost estimation and ultimately the project. Consider that the company has had some difficulty setting up a method for cost estimations so this is a critical area for understanding how stakeholders will continue to support the organization.
Select a company that would benefit from valuing cost estimations and contingency reserves. Prepare a paper of 4 pages (not including the first page and APA references) explaining the development of a method for cost estimation that will include contingency reserves. Be sure to include 2 outside references in APA format.
Determine how to evaluate a company’s contingency reserves.
Recommend strategies on how companies need to apply risk techniques in order to have contingency reserves.
- Define project risk and contingency reserves
- Differentiate between schedule and cost estimation to project risk
- Evaluate how risk management affects project outcomes
- Determine how cost estimates impacts project risks